Friday, June 27, 2008

Mark Drew



Cafe Ish
Excellent coffee and menu, excellent people. Plus I have two paintings hanging in there right now.
Shop 2, 102 Albion Street, Surry Hills NSW (02) 9281 1688.

Japan
36° north of the equator. Love it. Miss the convenience.

Print Gocco: Toy screenprinting kit
Analogue technology and painless process makes me the happiest. Perfect addition to any zine workshop.

Old 'Peanuts' books
Man's inhumanity to man - Charlie Brown tells it like it is.

Twin Peaks
I wasn't interested in the TV show the first time round, but just
getting stuck into the DVDs. Finally I get Homer Simpson's reference!

Mark Drew is a zine magnate, whose stapled projects include Long Story Short (with Beccy Joe Stuart), My Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades (with Tristan Serps) and several miniature zines of screen shots from 80s films that slug you with a huge bout of nostalgia. He also runs China Heights gallery, which got so popular it had to move to a new address: 257 Crown Street, Darlinghurst NSW.

No comments: